BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Beginning

I wanted to write just a little bit about the past 9 months and some of the things that I have experienced being pregnant. We found out we were pregnant on Febuary 15, 2009. It was a Sunday afternoon. I was excited, but mostly scared because of the previous miscarriage I had back in September '08. We went in for the 1st ultrasound on March 7 and we saw that little heart beating and I can't tell you the relief that washed over me. But still, I was so nervous that something would go wrong, but nothing did. I never had morning sickness, thank heavens, but I did have other symptoms that lasted FOREVER. My boobs have killed me pretty much the entire time of being pregnant. I started having really bad sciatic nerve problems in my 2nd trimester, which actually got a little better. But sleeping became a nightmare by my 30th week and still is, here at my 39th week. Of course heartburn was an issue, but not as bad as some women get.

I don't just want to focus on the negative though. Some positives are, obviously, our baby has developed normally and is currently weighing around 8lbs, or so the doc says. I couldn't ask for more than a healthy baby. That's all that has been on mind this entire time. Another positive was when we found out what we were having. I was pretty set on having a girl, but as soon as we found out we were having a boy, I was sooo happy! I just kept picturing a little mini Kev running around! We found out around week 20 and so I have had a lot of time to bond with him, even though he's been on the inside. I already feel like he's my special little guy and I am soooo excited to meet him. It is such a blessing to be able to have children and I feel grateful everyday that things have gone smoothly. It has been somewhat of a rough road getting to this point, but I am sooo thankful for it. To me, having this baby is the single greatest honor of my life.

4 comments:

Nicole Poulsen Christensen said...

oooo Ang! you're going to be such a great mom! I can't wait to meet the little guy!

Melissa said...

What an awesome thing to post! You are going to be great parents and I am so excited to get to meet this little guy we have all waited these nine months to know. Take care and know he is coming!!!

The Moving Girl said...

There is nothing like the feeling of being a mom. I'm way excited for you!!!!

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Well said, Angie! Can't wait to see pics and hear about your labor and delivery!