Sorry it has taken me so long to post on here the arrival of our new little one,...things have been a little more overwhelming than I orginally thought.
Carter Matthew was born on October 20, 2009 at 8:36pm
He weighed 8lbs 9oz
Length was 20 1/4
He has brown hair and dark blue eyes
I was admitted to the hospital so that I could be induced on 10/19 at 8pm. They hooked me up to the IV and the started the pennicillin because of the Group B strep. They gave me something to start softening my cervix. I didn't sleep a wink that night...around 6am on the 20th I started having seriously painful contractions. They gave me some kind of drug that sort of eased the pain, but it also made me act like I was drunk. lol But those drugs really weren't doing the trick, so around 10am they came and started the epidural. It took a total of 4 try's to get that stupid thing in my back..it was a horrible experience! But finally, it worked...but even still...I have to say that contractions are the most painful thing that I have ever experienced and I honostly don't know how I lived through it. My doctor broke my water around 2pm and I continued to labor ALL day..around 7:45pm, all of sudden I felt like I had to push. The nurse checked and I was dialated to a 7. I couldn't start pushing yet and let me tell you, I think I must have breathed out all of the breath I had in me, just so I wouldn't push. 5 minutes later she checked again and I was dialated to a 10. I started pushing, but my doctor wasn't there yet. At 8:25 my doctor comes rushing in, puts on all of her gear and 2 pushes later at 8:36pm, our little boy was born. It was a very painful experience, but such a great one as well. I had wonderful nurses and a great doctor to help me through the whole thing. I just love our little guy and even though it's been seriously overwhelming, I wouldn't trade it for anything. We call him our "little mister".
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Carter a.k.a. Little Mister
Posted by ♥The Balzens♥ at 2:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
he's sooo cute :)
congratulations on a healthy baby.
Awwww what a sweetheart :). Yeah, being a new mommy is VERY overwhelming. But I promise it does get better. It's hard to believe right now, but eventually he really will sleep through the night, you won't have to spend literally 1/3 of your day on feedings, and you will feel like a human being rather than a zombie ;). Hang in there!
Your "Little Mister" is sooooooo precious! I am so glad you have him. I love the picture of you and him, what a wonderful shot to capture how much you love him. Hope you are doing great!
Post a Comment