Oh me, oh my....is being a mom hard or what?? Who knew that a 2 and 1/2 month old would require soooo much energy and time and most of all, patience. Something that I lack seriously. I wish there was some place you could just buy a butt load of patience and then store it on a shelf and get some whenever you needed it. Carter hast totally forgone his awesome schedule that we had in place. I never know anymore how long he will sleep at night which really blows. I guess not even parents of older babies and kids know that, but still. It was nice to know I could at least count on 5 hours. Don't get me the wrong, the cute faces, the babbling, the smiles is all worth it, but it's the screaming, the constant need to be held, the fact that he won't take naps unless I hold him..these things I wish I had more patience for. He really is cute though.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Hang in there Angie! We all lack patience sometimes . . . try not to guilt yourself about it. If he is having trouble sleeping and crying more than usual, he might be teething. Crazy to think it can happen this early, but it sometimes does. That happened to Carolyn around this age - teeth pushing but she didn't cut any til around 7 months. They can go through cycles of pushing and then stopping several times before they actually cut through.
There is a book that saved my life. I don't know if you have read it but it is called On Becoming Baby Wise. All about how to get your baby to sleep at night. If he was already sleeping good he is probably just going through the three month growth spurt, All babies go through it. Luckily it doesn't last long just hang in there. He will probably just go back to his old schedule when he gets done. Hope that helps. You're doing great!!!
Post a Comment