BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

People never cease to amaze me....

Okay, so you might think from the title of this post that it means something good, which I really wish it did, but of course, it's something negative. To be honest, I rarely find much good to say about strangers. So anway, here's the story: We got a dog from the Humane Society laste year, and when I say "we", I mean "me". Keven didn't want a dog at all. Not a huge dog lover..but I really wanted one and so I went and picked one out. She was a black lab named Riley. She looked soo sad in that cage and I just had to take her home. Like somehow I was "saving" her. Anyway, when I got her home and over the course of a couple of months, we came to see her little quirks as a dog. Such as : jumping up all over you, extreme licking, the wierdest bark you've ever heard and being extremely hyper. But, I didn't want to give up on her, so we just stuck it out over the next months and so on. SO, we found out I was pregnant on Feb. 15th and I felt okay for the first month or two and I was still able to handle Riley okay. Keep in mind, Keven pretty much had nothing to do with her so she was my responsibilty. By my third month I was already having terrible sciatic problems and walking or doing anything really physical was a nightmare. I couldn't play with her anymore, no more walks,...so pretty much all she was doing was playing in the backyard by herself, which I felt HORRIBLE about! So we decided that when summer started we would put on add out for her, hoping that someone would want her so that she could be with owners who would be able to exercise her everday, play with her, etc. I didn't want to have to take her back the Humane Society. I did try calling several other shelter type places that have a " no kill " policy, but none of them worked out. We put the add on Craig's List in June and over 2 months, 4 people called me about her, set up appointments to see her, but then none of them ever showed. It was seriously frustrating!! Sooo, after many attempts to not take her back to the humane society, on just this past Saturday, Keven and his brothers took her to the Humane Society. I felt awful about it, but I just kept praying that someone would go and see her and adopt her. The reason I titled this post is because of what follows: so Keven took her there and they ask a bunch of questions about why you are there and so forth. He told her the reason was because we were expecting our 1st baby, and we were unable to care for Riley the way she should be cared for. He explained that we had tried numerous times to sell her, give her away for free before ever coming the humane society and this is what the old hag said to him "So, when you have your baby, you're just going to give that away?" Can you believe it????? He was so upset and when I found out, I went into a rage!!!! I am all for treating animals good all, but they aren't humans. She was comparing my unborn child to a dog. I plan on writing a letter of complaint and if my dreams come true, getting that woman fired! It was a crappy weekend, sorry for how long this post was!

0 comments: